Crawford Connection
image

Crime Against Former Colt

Denis Gowolo of San Diego ID’d As Victim in Fatal Shooting at Dave & Buster’s

Authorities Thursday publicly identified a man who was killed last week at a Mission Valley arcade and restaurant.

Officers discovered Denis Gowolo, 28, of San Diego on the floor in a dining area. He had a gunshot wound to his torso, Lt. Andra Brown said.

Meanwhile, a GoFundMe has been launched in Gowolo’s name to offset funeral and medical costs @: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-fund-dennis-gowolos-passing. It has raised $3,815 of the $10,000 goal.

“He was very much loved by his entire family and friends! He enjoyed spending time with his family as much as possible. If you knew him, he was filled with love, kindness, and positivity,” organizers posted on the page.

image

Denis Gowolo, Class of 2012

MaxPreps.com listed Gowolo as a student at both Crawford and Hoover high schools, where he played basketball.

Police responded to reports of gunfire at Dave & Buster’s, 2931 Camino Del Rio North, arrived to find panicked patrons running out of the business shortly before 11 p.m. June 17, according to police. Entering the establishment,

Paramedics took Gowolo to a hospital, where doctors pronounced him dead.

According to bystanders, the unidentified shooter or shooters may have fled in a dark-colored SUV. It was unclear what prompted the killing.

“Detectives are collecting evidence and attempting to locate (more) witnesses,” Brown said. “Investigators are aware of the large crowd present at the time of the incident and would like to speak to them.” *Reposted article from the Times of SD by the Editor, June 24, 2021